Soviet.ie | Sóivéid.ie
Sign in to follow this  
Fodla32

29% of global newborn deaths occur in India

Guest Connolly

Per head of population would be a more useful figure if comparing with the DPRK. India being massive.

Innocents? Who are the guilty? That sounds like some sort of bourgeois moralism to me ;)

But yes, India's working class children are being allowed to die so that a handful of rich Indians can make a fortune and line both their pockets and those of their Western partners. No profit in saving untouchables, and there is no way that democratic India could allow them all to grow up and swell the ranks of the Maoists!

We have all these solidarity groups with various nations under attack from imperialism, Basques, Palestinians. Cubans, Venezuala etc. but no group dealing with probably the largest oppressed group of them all, India's poor. I may not like the Catholic hyperbole in the OP, but at least the Church is not silent on India's poor. Perhaps its time that some sort of solidarity group be established for those who prop up the entire capitalist system with their dead children.

Innocents? Who are the guilty? That sounds like some sort of bourgeois moralism to me ;)

Biblical allusion, a chara.

Yes, we badly need someone to talk on India. I wouldn't have anything against a cleric, of any religion, talking, as long as they are solidly anti-imperialist.