Soviet.ie | Sóivéid.ie
Sign in to follow this  
Lugh Ildánach

Enjoy Your Xmas Home Brew sensibly!

To all those soviet members out there, please enjoy your homebrew sensibly over the xmas period :blink:

There is (or at least will be from this evening):

- Finalandia Premium Lager

- Finalandia Regular Lager

- Samsuns Cider (this is not quite as good as the last batch, but still very nice)

- Our new Red wine (which in my opinion is a distinct improvement on the first batch)

- Finlandia Traditionelle

- Finlandia Dark Ale

The wine ingredients were bought cheaply, so it is available for the bargain price of a 5 Euro contribution for 3 bottles!

Just contact anyone on the homebrew committee if you need a replacement order over xmas/new year!

Decommodified Beer Abu!!

Even after the festive gluttony we have a little bit of everything above left, except the wine.

We have a Bitter and a Scandanavian Winter Beer (whatever the hell that is!!!!) that are just about ready to bottle, although will take a week or so to condition in the bottles. I'll let you know when its ready. The most exciting development however over xmas was our experiment with some left over 25c Aldi pineapple skin, a sachet of tesco bread yeast costing 10c and 400g of regular granulated sugar. The above premium ingredients have now turned into 5 litres of pineapple beer with an alcohol content of approximately 4%, and which tastes not unlike a pineapple version of the dry cider that we have made. We'll throw a bottle or two of this in for free with every order placed while stocks last. We will definitely be doing this one again and I have a few ideas of how to improve it.

We'll also be starting a new batch of Pilsner, Wheat Beer and Stout this weekend, although it will be about 4 weeks before any of it is ready to drink,(although the stout takes longer, as it takes at least a month to mellow after fermentation apparently.) People may have just about recovered from Christmas by then B)

We'll also stick on a batch of the first, sweeter (and very popular) cider and another batch of wine the following week, and as these don't take as long as the beers, should be ready about the same time as the Pilsner and Wheat Beer. So here's to a merry early February!!!!!

Anyone have any recipes or instructions on how to home brew?

I'm sure the instructions will follow soon comrade!

At the moment I'm swigging on a bottle of home made brew (pineapple cider) tis going down a treat :)

I was talking to lads tonight who made their own brew and got a few samplers, it sounds simple to make and costs sweet F all to produce. I'll be definitely making an attempt at it myself!

Don't forget to bring back your empites Comrade Nico. At this early stage those bottles are like golddust B)

No problem a chara, I have them safely stored away, ready for the next despatch of soviet home made brew! I have to say, the larger was very very nice :hammersickle:

The Winter Beer and the Bitter are now ready. Both taste very similar, although one is not surprisingly a little more bitter than the other. They taste not unlike a Smithicks.

Any soviet members pm me if they want to place an order. We still have Cider, Lager and Premium Lager as well as the two Ales (which have a strong taste which hasn't agreed with anyone that i've come across yet, we may end up going into the homemade malt vinegar business shortly :P ).

No problem a chara, I have them safely stored away, ready for the next despatch of soviet home made brew! I have to say, the larger was very very nice :hammersickle:

Yeah, the lager is my favourite out of the ones we have at the minute. The Pilsner however was particularly good, although its all gone now, although I think one soviet member has a few bottles stockpiled in his home, so he might just have those nationalised soon enough :hammersickle: