Soviet.ie | Sóivéid.ie
Sign in to follow this  
Fodla32

Derry IRSP Announce the Opening of New Teach na Fáilte Office

Teach Na Failte would like to announce the opening of another office in Derry. Teach Na Failte is an ex-prisoners group and registered charity which was set up in the late 90's to look after ex-prisoners and their families. We provide a range of support services ranging from complimentary therapies to housing advice and welfare rights advice and tribunal representation.

The new office will be opening at 8 Chamberlain Street which has special significance to the RSM as it was the IRSP's first office in Derry and it was officially opened by Nora Connolly O'Brien who is James Connolly's daughter.

The official opening will be at 12pm on Sun 11th Nov and all RSM ex-prisoners and family are welcome.

Is there a normal IRSP office in Derry?

I don't get why they're opening a seperate Tech na Fáilte.

Well, Teach na Fáilte would have needs that an ordinary office wouldn't - like space and facilities for children, for example, and space to socialize.

Well, Teach na Fáilte would have needs that an ordinary office wouldn't - like space and facilities for children, for example, and space to socialize.

aye maybe so. I duno how they work but for me it would make more sense to keep it all together.

But sure its good to see the movement expanding in putting the effort in to help those to risked everything for the struggle.

Its sad to hear storys like that of Ciaran Nugent.